The Fire Department responded to a call in the 1400 block of Main Street at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.
Fire Chief Mindy Andrasevits said the call came from the resident who discovered smoke.
“First arriving crews found smoke showing when they arrived, and they discovered fire on the back porch,” Andrasevits said.
She said the responding fire crew was able to keep the fire contained to the back porch.
“They quickly extinguished that fire and kept it as a confined room and contents fire so it didn't spread out of that back room,” she said.
No injuries were reported. The fire crew stayed on site for approximately two hours.
Andrasevits estimated there was approximately $20,000 in damage to the residence.